Maître BIRTEL studied law at the University of Aix-Marseille, notably at the renowned Institut Portalis, then at the University of Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne and the University of Toulouse Capitole. In order to further her academic career, Maître BIRTEL has chosen to follow a Master 2 Compliance officer at the Faculté de Strasbourg and a Master 2 Sécurité Intérieure at the Faculté de Droit de Nice. Since being sworn in as a lawyer at the Luxembourg Bar, she has been an Associate with a local litigation firm and then a Partner with Kaufhold & Réveillaud.
Specialized in compliance issues, she likes to combine this expertise with new subjects such as links with the world of crypto or cyber. Also an author, lecturer and editor-in-chief of a Luxembourg magazine, Maître BIRTEL is a frequent lecturer at French universities and private schools.
Maître BIRTEL is also President of LUTCOR, an association for the prevention of corruption in Luxembourg.
- The Compliance Code, December 2022, Legitech – in progress
- Editor of Revue Cyber & Conformité, N°1 February 2021, Legitech – in progress (6 issues to date)
- Droit & Patrimoine, 2022, Using forgeries: false identity documents or usurpation, false invoices or overbilling, points of attention for compliance officers
- The Compliance Code, December 2020, Legitech
- Money laundering, corruption, terrorist financing: the state of international cooperation by Financial Intelligence Units, Sandra BIRTEL, June 2020, LegitechThe freezing of assets in the fight against terrorism, Sandra BIRTEL, December 2019, Legitech.
- Paperjam, September 7, 2022, Interview Fighting “corruption, the new compliance challenge”.
- Paperjam, September 2, 2022, interview “Corruption will be the next regulatory issue”.
- Paperjam, August 3, 2022, interview “We need to work together”.
- Altares, December 16, 2021, Expert interview: Sandra Birtel talks about compliance risks for Purchasing.